> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Low voltage lighting
Login | Register

Low voltage lighting

Posted by Ed Parker on February 13th, 2000 09:17 AM
In reply to Help on low voltage light switches by Jay Johnston on February 13th, 2000 01:30 AM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post (s) for this thread:
> Ge Industrial Relays by doug seibert on 07/22/2004
> Here's your REMCON by doug seibert on 07/23/2004
> Here's the GE link by doug seibert on 09/16/2004
> Rencon online here: by doug seibert on 07/18/2005

Hi Jay,
I just installed a low voltage lighting system in my addition and have learned a great deal about the systems and their specific requirements. Please respond with your particular problems, and I'll see if I can give you a competent answer, based on what I've learned. Essentially, the system uses step down transformers to reduce 120 volt current to 12 volt. The transformers are sized according to the total max rated wattage of all fixtures that will be installed. Some fixtures have transformers built into them, eliminating the stand alone transformers. Dimmers must match the transformer type (either magnetic or electronic) and the wattage requirements. Give us a specific problem you are trying to address and I'm sure we'll get you answers. As for the systems, they can be quite a dramatic statement utilizing mini halogen bulbs and ultra-modern fixtures. I'd keep it if I were you. Someone spent some money to have it installed, as they are not cheap systems.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC