> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Low Vacuum Problem
Login | Register

Low Vacuum Problem

Posted by mreamann on January 21st, 2010 01:32 PM
In reply to crossfire stove by pacauto on January 21st, 2008 03:39 PM [Go to top of thread]

I have a freestanding Crossfire Pellet Stove, which had some auger motor issues resulting in the replacement of the motor last year, but otherwise, it's worked well. Now however, when I attempt to fire it up, I get the constant flashing led, which supposedly means low vacuum, and then it shuts down. I'm not sure what would cause this, and I checked the door and hopper lid seals, which look fine. I notice though, the exhaust motor doesn't seem to be running when I turn it on, which I thought it would, but it does once I turn it off because of the error. When it was working properly, I know it continued to run long after you turned the stove off, which made sense to me as it would really need to keep running until all the smoke from the dieing fire was exhausted.

I also see it has a Schrader valve, similar to those used with car tires, but I have no idea what it's purpose is, or if it would have anything to do with the issue.

The final bit of info is it seems to have three fans total, the exterior exhaust one, the big ventilation one on the back, and seemingly a third I can't see, that normally goes for about 30 sec on fireup, then shuts off. That third one is noisy, like a blade is hitting something, and I would have fixed it before, but it only seems to run for about 30 sec anyway. It still spins when first turned on, and though noisy, sounds like it's still rotating, so I suspect that isn't my problem, but thought I'd throw that out there just in case.

I'd love to get any advice you might have, and if possible, the manual. Let me know if you can help.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC