> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Low carbon stainless steel
Login | Register

Low carbon stainless steel

Posted by Henry in MI on March 14th, 2003 02:06 PM
In reply to Ahhhh....Stainless Steels?.... by Dodgeman on March 14th, 2003 12:59 PM [Go to top of thread]

Dodgeman, JTR buys stainless steel pipe that is manufactured to ASTM A-312 for "Seamless and Welded Austenitic Stainless Steel Pipe", for example. Seamless steel pipe is made from bar and welded steel pipe is made from flat rolled strip. This is important since the chemistry range of those products has to match the chemistry range of the finished product, the pipe. The carbon requirement for Type 304, for example, is .08 maximum carbon. The carbon requirement for Type 304L (low carbon) is .035 max. As long as you can melt or produce the steel to the .035 max carbon and can obtain the required mechanical properties for Type 304, you can call it either.

I would tell you about how to use the 3.2 beer to thin Behr paint, but I think that Mr. Paint would not like my comments!! LOL & ROTF Growing up--sort of--with Rolling Rock (Green Death) and Renner's Old Frothingslosh, the pale stale ale and the only beer with the foam on the bottom, messes up your mind like that. Almost as bad is a lot of hours spent driving to call on customers with metallurgists. LOL

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC