> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > LOVE my Silestone
Login | Register

LOVE my Silestone

Posted by Jennifer on January 5th, 2003 01:52 PM
In reply to silestone countertops by Marla on January 4th, 2003 09:23 PM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

I had Silestone countertops put into my kitchen about 6 months ago and I LOVE them. The perform exactly as they say... you can put anything on them (hot, cold, etc.) with no damage. The clean up like a dream, and unlike natural stone, you can use any type of cleaner on them (409, Windex, dishsoap) so there's no worry about what the family might grab to wash them off! The only problem I've had, and I don't know if this is exclusive to me, is I did get a slight chip in on one of the edges over the Christmas family-thon. NO IDEA how it happened, but it should be fixable by my installer. I got the standard 90 degree edge because of cost considersations, but I would imagine the bullnose edge (which it's rounded over) might be something that would better prevent that type of edge damage. BUT it is an up-charge of $30-40 a running foot. If you have the budget, it would probably be worth it. I have no idea how much this repair is going to cost me as the intaller has not yet returned my call. Other that that, I say GO FOR IT. You'll love them.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC