> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Lots Of Suggestions ...
Login | Register

Lots Of Suggestions ...

Posted by Jay J on December 8th, 1999 07:49 AM
In reply to hardwood floors by Ross in CA on December 8th, 1999 01:26 AM [Go to top of thread]

Thanks for the come-back. As for finding information on how to refinish a hardwood floor, you can start by searching the main Forum WEB page for the work 'hardwood'. (Use your browser's FIND feature. Don't give up; there are quite a few posts on the subject.)

You can go to Refinishing A Hardwood Floor to read about one retailer's 'view' of how to do this job. It's a little biased because the site makes a few sale 'plugs' for products. Nonetheless, it has useful info such as sizing a room, material, etc., etc..

You can also go to Hometime Projects. From there, you click on PROJECTS, then click on 'Text only projects list', then click 'Flooring', then click 'Refinishing a hardwood floor'. (Whew!) Again, lots of good info. If I'm not mistaken, you can even buy a video. (I say that you're gonna save a few $$$ by doing this work yourself. Think hard about spending some of that $$$ on a good book or a video.)

And as a last suggestion, I belive it's the October issue of The Family Handyman magazine that dedicates a LOT of energy in going through the process of refinishing a hardwood floor. It's most excellent! You can buy just the one issue at The Family Handyman. At the same time, if anyone is looking to get you a Holiday Gift, a year's subscription is less than $25. And you get to enjoy it 10 times per year. (Just a thought.)

As you do your floor or if anything else comes up in the meantime, post up. Depending on where your thread is, it may be better to just start a new one since it won't take long to get 'pushed down' on the Forum. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC