> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > LOTS Of Sources ...
Login | Register

LOTS Of Sources ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on October 28th, 2000 02:05 PM
In reply to electronic device that detects moisture by S Brenning on October 28th, 2000 08:06 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi S,

Yes, there are a lot of sources of moisture in the basement. I'm not aware of any device in particular that you're looking for (but they may exist.) In any event, I DO know of 'devices' that will detect water that 'pools'.

Beyond that, I have a few things that come to mind. Cracks in the foundation, the walls, condensation on hot water piping (and possibly cold water piping), humidifiers, sump pits, moisture 'permeation' through concrete, and heat will 'draw' moisture in.

Is a dehumidifier an option? There are a lot of ideas on how to eliminate or dramatically reduce water/moisture in the basement. If you search the main forum page for keywords like 'crawlspace' or 'basement' or 'water' or 'moisture' or 'mold' or 'mildew', you'll find quite a few posts that address methods of mitigation. Don't give up that the 1st or 2nd post for a 'given keyword' doesn't have any info that's useful to you. Search the ENTIRE forum for EACH keyword until you've exhaused them. I guarantee you that there's a lot of info on this here on our forum.

Other than that, if you have any other question, do post up. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC