> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > LOTS Of Ideas ...
Login | Register

LOTS Of Ideas ...

Posted by Jay J on April 28th, 2000 12:03 PM
In reply to Closets by Michelle on April 28th, 2000 11:27 AM [Go to top of thread]

The free advice I have if you're not sure what you want out (or in) of your closet is to design one yourself based on how you USE it.

For example, if you have a walk-in closet, do you want to be able to store in it, not only your shoes but your socks too? There is modular shelving that has drawers. Maybe you want a full-length mirror in it too. LIghting is important too. Perhaps lighting that best mimics natural light because that's what will be 'reflecting' off of you once you go out. (Incadescent lights are yellowey, and all that.)

If it's just like a hall closet, maybe you need to have multiple tiers of hanger racks. When pants are folded in half, over a pant-hanger, you can actually DOUBLE the available room in a closet in order to accommodate a 2nd hanger bar.

Another idea is to go to the Home Center and look at the BRANDS of closet systems. Write their names down, and go back home and search the WEB for their sites. They may have 'ideas' on their WEB pages. And lastly, there are home magazines like Home & Garden, and so on that have advertisements in the back of them with 'systems' for sale.

I know this isn't much help but that's all I have. I you have a less broader question, post up and I/we'll try to help you again. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: I did forget that Martha from Westport may be of assistance. Go to Westport On-line to gain access to Westport. But hurry, there's all kind of talk about Martha leaving, and if she does, I don't know what we're gonna do. She hasn't said anything about a forwarding address. (See Martha Leaving Westport?!)
(Just having some fun. Some folks think my personality is the result of a few bad, childhood experiences. That's OK; fooled them!!!)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

• Closets by Michelle  4/28/00 11:27 AM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC