> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Lots of Confusion about my Craftsman Garage Door Opener
Login | Register

Lots of Confusion about my Craftsman Garage Door Opener

Posted by Brad Moore on April 10th, 2003 10:01 AM
In reply to Help: How to program older Sears garagedoor Remote by David Moore on January 16th, 2000 03:28 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Reprogramming a a Sears Garage Door Opener GDO by Handyman on 08/22/2006

I was trying to figure out how to reprogram my garage door opener by reading this message board. It's quite confusing- and I consider myself pretty handy. Let me tell my problem and maybe someone can sum up all these instructions so others can fix this problem too.

I have a garage door opener with a remote control and a separate remote key-pad (just outside my garage door). Both the hand-held remote and key pad were working fine until one day both quit working simultaneously. It's almost like the opener 'forgot' the codes. The button mounted inside the garage still works to open and close the door. But the remote control and the key pad don't do anything (actually all the keys on the pad blink multiple times when I enter the code as though the thing was angry). I have changed both batteries and tried looking on the gear box for instructions or 'buttons' to reset the code. So far I haven't found anything that works.

In summary- both key-pad and remote quit working. The motor and door work fine. Help!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC