> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > location, location, location
Login | Register

location, location, location

Posted by aimee on January 17th, 2001 02:53 AM
In reply to too nice of a house?? by stefanie on January 17th, 2001 01:14 AM [Go to top of thread]

I've always heard that it is better to buy a modest house in the nicest neighborhood than the nicest house in the most modest neighborhood. I believe this is true. My husband and I rented the nicest, biggest house--a two story victorian with wrap-around porch--in a neighborhood of one story pre-fab type houses. It was a year in hell. They treated us with suspicion and frankly, we didn't like them either. They stared at us when we would drive by or come out of our house and would not talk to us when we would try. We'd get awaken by our neighbor cutting through wood and scrap metal with a power saw outside at 7:00 in the morning. We now own a modest house in a very nice neighborhood and are as happy as can be. It may be different for you, but that's my experience. BTW, I disagree that property value is mainly a function of square footage. Case in point is house much houses are worth in my neighborhood versus comparable houses in that other neighborhood. Your question isn't silly; you'd be making a huge investment, and one you can't back out of simply by terminating a lease. So I'd think a lot about this. good luck, aimee

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC