> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > LJ....
Login | Register

Posted by David on February 3rd, 2003 08:48 PM
In reply to Dave, you implied your central heating is gas by LJ in TX on February 3rd, 2003 08:01 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hello LJ,
Yes, the furnace is gas, also gas water heater. Gas usage was not abnormal, and have thermostat which keeps track of furnace run time; nothing out of the ordinary there.

Elec. Co. was who I had check the meter, and if they are to be believed (sometimes I wonder), meter is fine.

Nothing was left on, I'm sure. Unless my dog or cats have been using the hairdryer without my knowledge, I'm the only one that would have made a difference. Dryer is near new, electric, but again; no out of the ordinary usage. No more cooking than norm, and actually probably lower than norm last month in that area.

As everything I've checked is operating correctly, and no breakers blowing, no warm or hot wiring in the home or appliance cords, I really keep leaning towards the idea that the meter might somehow be irratic; working fine sometimes, then "spiking," but have been assured by the elec. co. that this would not be the case. Really disgusted at having to pay them $50 to come check their meter, too, but that's how it goes.

Thanks for the thoughts LJ

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC