> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Lint Collection ...
Login | Register

Lint Collection ...

Posted by Jay J on July 10th, 2000 12:45 PM
In reply to Drain for washing machine by bucksfan on July 10th, 2000 11:08 AM [Go to top of thread]

My parents have been doing it, themselves, for about 10 years w/o incident. Thing is, my Mom uses her old nylon stockings as a 'filter' on the end of the hose where it empties into the line going to the septic tank. They're only 2 people living a 'retired life'. If you have kids or do a lot of laundry, consider doing the same or buying those expensive Lint Screens at Home Depot. (They're like 2 for $2.75.) Even if you have a Lint Screen on your machine, I'd put one one the end of the hose. Make sure you set it up such that the stocking OR the screen doesn't come loose and get sucked into the drain line. (On my hose, I wrapped a 1/4" of duct tape that's about 1/2" wide, and I use a twisty-tie to tie the stocking on ABOVE the tape so the water pressure doesn't force the stocking off.) Once a week, or whenever the stocking starts looking like it's 'full', I change it. If you don't have enough, have a couple of lady-relatives start saving them for ya. (You'd be surprised how fast your wife or whoever goest through those things!)

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC