> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Linoleum Flooring
Login | Register

Linoleum Flooring

Posted by Paul on April 5th, 2004 12:42 PM
In reply to Linoleum Flooring by P.J. Chorbagian on November 15th, 2003 11:25 AM [Go to top of thread]

P.J., Armstrong is once again making Linoleum. Go to their web site, They call it Marmorette, and it is a multi-toned, marbelized product, exactly like the original. I have Bamboo tan linoleum from 1939 in my kitchen. They still make exactly the same color, which I have seen in a new installation. Unfortunately, nobody makes overall design/pattern floors right now, but you can order special borders and inlays. Your install might even do custom work.

Because it is so durable and environmentally friendly, linoleum is making a comeback. You can also find Forbo linoleum, at their site,

I have found in my area, it's easier to find an Armstrong dealer.

Be sure when you call some of these places you say "real linolueum, not vinyl" or "genuine linoleum, not vinyl." Lots of the staff in these places still don't understand, even though their stores sell it! Like Henry said, you might do better with an old-time shop or a high-end place, but I found that the regular old flooring place near me gave me the best quote and seems pretty knowledgeable - it's always remained a popular commercial floor, so lots of these places know how to do it.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC