> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Limited Help ...
Login | Register

Limited Help ...

Posted by Jay J on September 19th, 2000 11:13 AM
In reply to Discontinued Jeffersonian Parquet Flooring by teresa on September 19th, 2000 09:35 AM [Go to top of thread]

Usually, I'd go about this in a somewhat mythodial way. Take the Yellow Pages and start calling around to the Flooring Retailers. After that, try contacting installers. Installers can be found at building sites, out back of the Flooring Retailer Stores usually between 7 and 8am where they load up their trucks, and in the Services / Home Repair Section of a Town Talk or local newspaper. You can also try calling General Contractors. Don't limit yourself to the phone book in your house. If one of your leads says that he knows an out-of-town guy (who ends up not having what you want), get that Yellow Pages book and start calling. (Keep notes because the Pages do overlap Service Areas.) Chances are if one installer used it, so did others.

As for knowing of warehouses or the like that might stockpile out-of-date material, I don't know of any. Perhaps the mfgr. can give you some names of Retailers they shipped their product too. I understand they merged/sold but it's worth a try. You provided limited info on your project but if it entails 'butting up' against existing parquet, you may have a color/wear difference. And forget about refinishing parquet flooring. The 'older' styles didn't lend themselves to that end.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC