> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Level differences between asphalt and concrete apron
Login | Register

Level differences between asphalt and concrete apron

Posted by Pete M on January 23rd, 2000 08:28 AM

Looking for economical recommendations please. My wife & I purchased a raised split last year with a garage that occupies one side of the basement and is underneath our kitchen. The problem is that at the location where the blacktop driveway joins with the concrete basement/garage floor, the driveway is about a half inch higher than the concrete floor. The driveway is now depressed where the tire pathways to/from the garage meet the concrete/driveway interconnect. Rainy weather causes water to collect in these depressions and overflow into the garage; rather, than down the driveway grade. Over time, this has caused water damage to the wood framing for the garage door opening and to the exterior structure.

This past month, I noticed the damage after a particularly wet storm. Unfortunately, I also noticed that ants had also found the wood and tunnelled up into the house. I'm dealing now with the damage/insect parts of the problem, but could use some professional recommendations on how to cost-effectively deal with the driveway issue short of tearing up the whole thing since our house is set back 250 feet from the street curb; the grading otherwise is quite acceptable except for where these tire depressions exist. Any specific project plans or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC