> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Let your fingers do the walking...
Login | Register

Let your fingers do the walking...

Posted by Jim -ATS on July 25th, 2000 01:24 AM
In reply to change a fues box to a reaker box by C Ewing on July 24th, 2000 10:10 AM [Go to top of thread]

I understand that this is a "do-it-yourself / How To" board, and I am going to tell you HOW TO stay alive. What you are looking for is something called a "Service Change" and should be done by a Qualified Licensed Electrician. Look in the phone book. This process is way to complicated to explain here in a general way, and it is too important that you get it right the first time.

This is not an area where you should be looking to "save a buck". Go with a professional electrical company that has some time in existence, is likely to be around for a while, etc. You want to make sure they pull an electrical permit before they perform the work.

An excellent choice for your new "breaker panel" is "Square D"

I know a lot about electrical issues, and I know that I would never tackle this project myself.

Be safe. Good Luck!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC