renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Lennox G26 series gas furnace....exhaust flue, water problem!
Login | Register

Lennox G26 series gas furnace....exhaust flue, water problem!

Posted by Roger Doll on March 5th, 2003 07:42 PM

7 of 8 people found this post helpful

In 1995 a Lennox G26 series gas furnace was installed in my home. This past winter I had a water leak problem coming from within the exhaust flue "Y" trap. This safety problem was fixed by a local Lennox representative at a cost of $195 US dollars. What surprised me is a new "Y" trap exhaust flue ($95 dollar item) needed to be installed. The new flue trap is much different, a one piece construction where the older flue was a two half construction. Note: this is were the water leak problem was located..at the seam of the two mating halves! This newly installed flue trap seems to have been "redesigned", thereby eliminating the leak pontential problem????
I am wondering if Lennox would consider this a latent design defective problem. If so, could I request Lennox to provide this part at no charge, due to their design problem? Also, has other Lennox G26 series owners experienced this problem?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2014 Renovate Your World LLC