> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > lennox furnace problems
Login | Register

lennox furnace problems

Posted by M DePietro on November 19th, 2002 09:23 AM
In reply to Lennox pilot light problem by drew on November 12th, 2002 08:03 PM [Go to top of thread]

Same problem here with not being able to get the furnace to restart. Had a repairman come out last week and told us the problem was with the "back pressure" from cold air coming down the flu, causing the safety switch to shut the system down and prevent CO2 from flowing back into the house(during a high wind he said). Told us about the reset switch...yeah that works, but we've had to "reset" the thing every night since! Repair guy told us we needed a new flu cap (and of course he could come back and put one on for us). I checked the cap - and it's a new style baffel cover - so no air shouldn't be flowing down the flu in high wind. After reading about all the similar problems I'd say this is a manufacturers defect in the switch, and the company should get a clue. But not if they don't hear about it from the consumer directly. Anyway, the repair dude is on his way back today to "fix" the problem this morning. With the info I've found here, maybe I can duel with the guy armed with a bit more information. Thanks!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC