> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Lennox Complete Heat systems problems
Login | Register

Lennox Complete Heat systems problems

Posted by John Salsgiver on March 30th, 2003 12:41 AM
In reply to Lennox gas fired "Complete Heat" by Merlel Lewellen on February 10th, 2003 11:28 AM [Go to top of thread]

37 of 37 people found this post helpful

Hello all:

I am looking for anyone who has the Lennox Complete Heat System(LCHS). Specifically, I am looking for anyone who has had continual problems including but not limited to :
Replacing the igniter assembly including gaskets more then once in a five year period;
Hearing the sound of hard thumping when the unit fires up; Leaking of water;
TO those who have had to remove the blower assembly so as to vacuum the water out of the Combustion Chamber (CC).

To those who thrown up your hands in frustration and replaced the LCHS, please email me.

I for one am wholly disgusted with the system. I am going to need a tank replacement as evidenced by the potable water entering the CC. For those who wonder what the thumping......rather hammering sound is, when the unit kicks on, it is water that collects in combustion chamber. The CC, according to the Lennox dealer in my area, is not suppose to have accumulated water in the chamber.

I don't know about you, but I can't afford to keep paying out the nose for replacement parts. To date (since owning the unit since 1996, I have had to replace the igniter twice, the combustion induction fan once (that big aluminum part with motor that draws air into the CB), the electronic card (housed in that little metal case where the two diagnostic lights are located) and the circulation pump (that little earth tone colored item that is on the port side which circulates the water around the CB and I think into the heat exchanger, located in the air handler).

Except for the last igniter and wiring harness every thing has been under warranty. The electrode and wire harness put me over the edge. The electrode consist of two porcelain post through which metal rods about 3/16" X 2" run. There is a third spade where the ground wire attaches. The two porcelain rods are the electrode lead and the flame sensor. That electrode assembly cost me $90.44 which was bad enough. The new wiring harness which consist of the electrode wire, a white, and a green wire cost 53.38. That harness really honked me off! The electrode wire looks like a spark plug wire. The white and green wires are nothing more then #18 gauge of about 12" each.

If anyone knows of any forums that discuss HVAC issues, please advise since I want to get this info widely disseminated. In the interim, I am going to search this forum and any others for other unhappy customers. My ultimate goals is to convince LENNOX that there are enough folks who have been plagued by the LCHS problems that our problems will become their problem if they refuse address our ligtimate concerns. The LCHS is an absolute lemon and LENNOX owes us some answers.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC