> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Learning about plumbing....
Login | Register

Learning about plumbing....

Posted by Bruce M on January 17th, 1998 02:39 PM
In reply to Basement toilet installation by Thom M on January 16th, 1998 12:46 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Thom:

Clearly, you are at the early stages of plumbing. I admire your courage in thinking of this as a project your plan on completing yourself.....its the right start.

My advice to you is not to try this first project without assistance. Of all the disciplines in residential construction, plumbing is, in my opinion, the most complicated. Pipe size, vent location, air chambers, weir points, etc, etc. This is not conceptually difficult....just numerous and very important to a leak-free and functional plumbing system in your house.

I would suggest that you contact a local plumber to bid this job, but with the provision that you will be his assistant. If you look in local community papers, you can often find personal advertisements from licensed plumbers looking for extra weekend work or better yet, from retired plumbers looking to supplement their retirement and keep busy. The latter will often take their time to show you their techniques and will keep you entertained with some of the life's plumbing experiences :-)

However you do it, best wishes to you

Bruce M

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• PLUMBING by TOM BLASINSKY  4/17/98 07:48 PM
  • PLUMBING by TOM BLASINSKY  4/17/98 07:49 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC