> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > learning
Login | Register


Posted by Fred in TX on July 21st, 2000 01:52 PM
In reply to Applying Rosettes & Casing by Stan the Man on July 18th, 2000 08:11 PM [Go to top of thread]

I like reading this board because of the many things I learn. When I read Stan's post I was like Stegve, I didn't know what he was talking about. Then I read Henry in MI and realized I had just ordered some of this stuff from the Wood Factory in Navasota TX. and I needed to call them about the width. Dean at the Wood Factory said the bottom block is called a plyth (I noticed Henry spelled it with an "i") block and the top one was called a rosette or corner block. What I have been calling the trim boards around the door and transoms is called casing. I'm so happy I don't have to refer to the "block at the bottom", "block at the top" and the "trim boards around the door" anymore. Thanks guys.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC