> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Leaky Basement
Login | Register

Leaky Basement

Posted by Denise on June 12th, 2000 08:57 PM
In reply to Basement water by Jenny C on June 10th, 2000 11:28 PM [Go to top of thread]

Dear Jenny, I read your post. Been there, Am there! We just ripped our basement floor and lo and behold there is lots and lots of water. We are at a high water table apparently. We have a french drain in place in our basement which consists of a brick/rock lined trench that water pours or drips into and then goes out through a pipe through the foundation wall to Lord knows where. It seems to work quite well. The problem we have is that when you dig a hole in the floor (like to put our ejector into to go up to the sewer line for the new bathroom we're putting in) you have a hole full of water. Talk about a nightmare. Thankfully, we know about this before we start finishing our basement. I don't know what to tell you but the french drain indoors does appear to work well. Or, you could do the outdoor french drain away from your foundation. I am learning a lot too and it is not fun. Feel free to email me. Good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC