We have just bought a 65-70 year old home which has the Rock and mortor foundation, I knew it leaked when I bought the house, however now I have the time to fix it.
I want to make sure that this is one of many correct ways to do this in a COST effective manner
1. backhoe out the walls about 3ft width (its only 4ft down to bedrock)
2. Have a bucket size path scoupe out to the middle of my lawn (like a canal)
3. I was thinking of applying a few coats of Tar to the walls
4. refill with "A" gravel and Stone dust sloping away from the house towards the dug out canal to the middle of the Lawn
5. fill the last 1 ft with sod for regrowth of lawn and garden