> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Leaking pipes in ceiling and damp damp basements
Login | Register

Leaking pipes in ceiling and damp damp basements

Posted by PLUBY on July 18th, 2000 08:19 AM

Two questions for anybody who might know:
There are two "shadows" on my ceiling, directly below where the upstairs bathrooms are. I don't know if this is a start of a water leak, or just the result of a bad paint job from the previous owner (we have only lived there for about 4 months now). I'm not sure if it's a leak from the bathrooms since the 2 spots are do not feel wet at all and also since they just look like "shadows" or dark spots (they are not brown colored rings like I would suspect they would be. They haven't changed really at all since I first noticed them about 2 weeks ago. Any ideas?
Also, the basement is very very damp, especially during hot humid weather spells. I have a good de-humidier which helps a great deal, but there are still condensation marks on the basement floor in a few places along. Are those marks normal? When we moved in in winter there was nothing (no marks) at all. Would it help if we painted the floor once Fall rolls around and things dry out? Post a message, or email me at if you thing you can help!!!! Have a good day!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC