> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Leaking Basement
Login | Register

Leaking Basement

Posted by Ian Repay on July 13th, 1998 07:54 AM

Hi, my question involves a leaking basement. I have done the following improvments to my house; 1)got much better downspouts and eavestroughs that carry 90% of the water away from the house. 2)I have also banked black dirt against the foundation with the dirt sloping away from the house. These are the improvments and now here is the problem. I live in Saskatchewan Canada and for the past month we have recieved about 6-8 inches of rainfall. up until the end of the month we did not have any water in the basement. Could the water table have risen to the height of the floor of the basment? In Saskatchewan we have very cold winters and very hot summers which result in lots of heaving. Is there any way or any thing that I can do besides what I have done to the outside of the house. By the way the inside of the basement is fully developed with drywall. I hope I havn't bored you with all the details but I think you should as much information as possible to come up with a solution. Thank you for you time and please e-mail if you have any suggestions.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC