> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > leak in water system
Login | Register

leak in water system

Posted by Rick Hathaway on April 5th, 2003 05:12 PM
In reply to Plastic Water Supply Pipe by George on December 4th, 1998 02:58 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> My Polybutylene, Poly Butyl, Plastic, PB, Quest/Qwest pipe is leaking or brittle, Find Help Here! by Handyman on 10/26/2004

We have had a drought in South Georgia for the prior few years, but have gotten a lot of rain this year. My yard has been somewhat mushy, especially in an area between the pump house and house, but at first I thought it was due just to the rain. The rain stopped about 7-10 days ago and it is still wet. I gathered data on how fast the pressure is bleeding off the water tank, and have concluded that I am losing 1.25 gallons per hour. I think it is in the plastic feeder to the house, based on where the yard seems wettest. The house is 30 years old and I do not know where the various utility lines run. Any advice on how I should handle this? I am not Mr. Fixit on most things, but this sounds like the sort of repair that could be expensive. I thought if I could find where the feeder connected with the house (and how to find this I am not sure, short of digging along the old pipe to see where it goes), then I should just replace it rather than attempt to find and repair the leak. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I suspect it is probably best for me to just hire someone. Thanks.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC