The danger to health of leaded paint comes from injesting (eating) paint chips or breathing large volumes of the dust. The former is of concern with children, the latter can be avoided by using removal methods that don't create paint dust, such as grinding or sanding.
If there are children in the house, it is probably best to simply discard the painted molding and replace it. Otherwise, any of the methods I described above should be ok for adults. In fact, this summer I stripped all of my facia, rake and dentil molding boards, plus 14 shutter pairs, all of which had several early coats of lead paint. I used a heat gun and scraping to remove all paint, while wearing a simple surgeon's mask.. I then had my serum lead levels (3 separate tests) done by an occupational medicine friend of mine, and no lead was detected.