> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Lead Paint
Login | Register

Lead Paint

Posted by Nancy on June 28th, 1999 10:54 AM
In reply to Lead based paint by mike on June 1st, 1999 10:52 PM [Go to top of thread]

Mike. While I am not an expert either, I have been in the lead paint abatment business for 3 years now. I would stongly recommend that you DO Not sand or use a heat gun. Dust, fumes and just eating are the fastes way to get lead into the system, lead attacks the soft organs (brain, liver etc) The best and a safe way is by apply a environmentally responsibile liquid chemical remover then scrap to remove lead based paint and dispose of it correctly.

Yes there are several different kinds of chemical strippers, and due to lack of knowledge most people are still using methyl chloride based, methanol or chlorinated solvents which are all very serious chemicals some considered carcinogens.

I have a product (not in stores yet we are working on home depot) by EnviroBest called PR-40/LEADX is immobilizes lead paint waste removes muliple paint coatings does not require neutralization, low tocicity dried reside is non hazardous flashpoint over 210 degrees NO carcinogens, methylene cholride methanol or chlorinated solvents, Very worker friendly and environmentally responsible.

I know this is late coming but I just found this BBS site and want to share info with others.

If you have any questions or need more info let me know
Good Luck

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC