Our house is 250+ years old and we're in the process of renovating it. We're going to be stripping and refinishing everything ourselves, including the floors which have (ugh!) been painted. Are the normal lead precautions sufficient to protect us from the dreaded Lead poisoning? Also, is anyone familiar with the specifics of lead abatement as far as what, specifically, must be removed? I've been told that only 'mouthable' surfaces must be abated - i.e. anything one can get one's mouth on / around (which covers corners, mouldings, etc.) and this is what we intend to do. While I don't want to be haphazard and risk LP, I also don't subscribe to the comonly held 'lead-hysteria'.