> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > lawn care
Login | Register

lawn care

Posted by jimmy dee on April 5th, 2000 09:55 PM

I'm currently in the process of trying to revitalize my existing lawn. I have had HUGE Silver Maple trees(four total) taken down and their stumps removed as well.
When I bought the house (last June 1999) I knew what I was getting into as far as labor around the house (i.e. landscape). I have borderline POOR drainage when it comes to my soil.
Now it's not the entire lawn itself but just certain areas that become more SOGGY than other areas after a good rainfall.
I am in the process of installing a french drain on the one side of my home(I already put one in on the opposite side last summer/fall. I also was thinking about first getting my entire lawn ready for the summer and have it thatched.
After that is done I am going to plant grass seed in the affected areas that trees and their roots used to occupie.
(P.S. I already have backfilled the holes left from the trees and stumps being removed with dirt and good topsoil). Then in order to maybe help the soil in it's DRAINAGE PROBLEM maybe have the entire landscape/lawn aerated. I also will be putting down a good 1-2" of peat moss in certain areas to also help in the drainage process.
Are these ideas a waste of time or is there anying else that I could do/have done to help my landscape drain better? If so help me out with a few suggestions.

Thanks alot.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC