> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Laundry lint screens
Login | Register

Laundry lint screens

Posted by James Chase on April 18th, 2003 06:09 PM
In reply to Lint Collection ... by Jay J on July 10th, 2000 12:45 PM [Go to top of thread]

Along these lines, I was also wondering if anyone knew of any lint screens for a washing machine drain hoses that that could be easily cleaned. A while back, my family and I bought a new washer; it's great, but the only problem with it was it does not have an internal lint filter--we were told that most modern washers were no longer made with filters, because they supposedly "don't need them anymore"--I beg to differ! Because of not having an internal filter that traps lint as the clothes are being washed, every last bit of the lint pours out of the drain hose and down the drain; this would clog the drain unless we put a lint screen on the hose to catch the lint. We found these rather expensive metal lint screens at our local hardware store--problem is the lint builds up quite fast AND they are EXTREMELY difficult to clean! Our only options are to either try to clean the screens periodically or keep spending a lot of money on new ones virtually once a week! I am able to clean the screens so they can be used again to save us some money, but it is a real headache, to put it mildly!! The lint sticks to the metal screen so much you can hardly get it off. Up until I read the above message, I hadn't thought of fastening a nylon sock on the drain hose--I'm not sure if we have any old ones that no one needs anymore, but I'll look around. Seems like nylon socks might be easier to clean, but I don't know.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any web sites where one could order some type of drain hose lint screen that can be EASILY cleaned instead of having to be replaced frequently. The idea I had was some type of lint screen that lint doesn't stick to so easily--that you could just remove and QUICKLY wipe or brush the lint off, then put back on. Maybe there is no such thing, but I just thought I'd ask if anyone knew.
I would appreciate anything anything can tell me.
E-mail me at the above e-mail address if you want, too.

Thanks much!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC