> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > latex paint and the power painter
Login | Register

latex paint and the power painter

Posted by Bill K. on August 6th, 2000 12:03 AM

I'm putting together a small store and I installed used slatboard that's been painted once or twice with a roller. A roller doesn't paint the slats and they're still wood color inside. So at an auction I picked up an old Sears power-painter, cheap. It's old, maybe older than *I* am, but the head worked fine and I cleaned the piston out so this should work fine. I also picked up 4 new cans of Martha Stewart brand Latex interior paint. I'm familiar with spraying paint in automotive and also modeling situations, but not house paint or with one of these guns. Here's my quandary - the directions for the sprayer make a reference to "properly thinned" latex paint working with this gun. My new cans of paint all say DO NOT THIN on them. Can I use this paint with it? I don't see why not if it's thinned properly - but what do I use? My water-base modeling paints work best thinned for the airbrush with rubbing alcohol rather than water, and while 4 cans is more paint than I will ever use on this project I thought it would be smart to ask around before I start playing around and make a mess/mess up the gun. Any advice would be appreciated - Thanks -

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC