> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > laminate flooring & hardwood prefinished bruce mfg.
Login | Register

laminate flooring & hardwood prefinished bruce mfg.

Posted by Rick Brown on February 13th, 2000 12:09 AM
In reply to My Rebuttal..... by Ed Parker on February 11th, 2000 09:40 AM [Go to top of thread]

I agee to some extent of how real wood looks verses laminates, I use to stock the pergo in my warehouse for a store called RC.Willey who sells flooring of all types ect.
I installed in my bathroom a laminate floor competitor of pergo, I used pergo glue,special clamps for pulling the joints,tightly together.
The trick to laminate flooring is to put as much glue on the tongue & groove so that when it is clamped & pulled together the glue squeeze's out of the joint & then is wiped of with a damp cloth. intallation is watch your installer if you dont do it yourself, It is very easy to do with the proper tools, I've had in in for over a year now and as long as the water is wiped up quickly and it does not stand so it runs underneath ect. and everything is caulked good, you it wont penatrate the surface laminate.I also have bruce hardwood floor, it is not 3/4" but 3/8"
prefinished, no sanding required. it looked good until my washer hose came out and flooded the area in bath and laundry area. it has since buckled, and i now will be replacing it with tile.
I use to install hardwood & water & moisture does not go well with wood, my kithen will also be replace with tile, Wood looks good if everything goes well, but i've decided I tired of all the fix it's. In fact I going to get me a liscense plate frame that say's mr.fix it. Fixit,Fixit Fixit.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC