> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Knob & Tube vs. Homeowner's Insurance
Login | Register

Knob & Tube vs. Homeowner's Insurance

Posted by Sally on May 31st, 1999 08:37 AM

We are in the process of buying a wonderful Colonial Revival and have hit a little (or major) snag.Most of the house has been re-wired with a 100amp 220 service, but when it was inspected, there was SOME knob and tube wiring found in one of the br.'s and the cellar. It is in excellent condition, and no problem for city code or homeowner's inspector, but we have now been told that we will not be able to get homeowner's ins., so no mortgage. Could anyone give me a guess as to how much it might be to upgrade this remining section? We live in the suburban/north/central/NJ area. We don't want to change ins carriers because of quality of coverage and service on our current house.Love this board!!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC