> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Kitchen Cabinets
Login | Register

Kitchen Cabinets

Posted by M. Dawn Davis on November 23rd, 2002 04:35 AM

Must sell our house, so now in a frenzy to finish undone projects. My plan to update my (walnut, I think) stained kitchen cabinets by painting first with BIN, then a soft white, has been foiled by the new tile and countertop installation. Our nephew's surplus (free) tile exactly matched our new countertop (which had been sitting in the laundry room for 5 years), so was used as a backsplash the entire L of the kitchen. The bad news is that the pale blue/white slpattered cloud color and white cabinets now seems too much.

What I want to avoid is stripping/sanding (carpels tunnel), ergo the BIN as primer under paint. I see there are Designer/Decorator Stains that can be tinted, but Iím afraid that with the cabinets already a worn, dark stain, blue-tinted stain would just stay brown. I could blue paint over BIN, maybe even whitewash over that, but that seems too cutesy for someplace Iím having to sell. Iím thinking that somehow blue paint cheapens the cabinets looks (although I didnít think that way with the white for some reason).

Is there some product or process that will get me new looking cabinetry, sans stripping and sanding as that is really the pits on carpelís tunnel.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC