> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Kenmore Stylemaster
Login | Register

Kenmore Stylemaster

Posted by James Breckenridge on February 10th, 2003 07:21 AM
In reply to kenmore washer by Marie Galvan on March 17th, 2001 05:05 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post (s) for this thread:
> Replies to old messages by DanO on 06/05/2008

I've got the same problem. I went into the back panel of the machine and looked around. Under the tub, there is what looks like the agitator mechanism and the water pump powered by an electric motor through a belt. In the midst of components, there appeared to be a lever of some sort that I could move - at first. When I did, (actually just trying to determine what it was for) and later plugged the washer back in and tried to operate it, I found that the washer bagan to drain and also spin. Of course, at this time the clothes had already been removed. I thought that somehow the problem had been fixed - even though I didn't have a clue as to what I did. I thought wrong. The next day, my son tried to wash some clothes and it stopped again just before it was supposed to drain. It acts as if there's some kind of lubrication problem that causes it to lock when there are clothes in it. I going into it again today to see if I can figure it out. This time, I'm going to turn that bad boy upside down and get a good look at it.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC