0 of 1 people found this post helpful
Subject Title: Keeping Gas Fireplace Logs Lit - Any Suggestions?
Posted by James Kelly on December 08, 2002
Any advice will be appreciated.
These fireplace logs do not stay lit after only a minute or two. They have not worked from almost the beginning.
We have had these vent-free gas fireplace logs since 1998. They are manually operated, not remote.
(Sure Heat Mfg Co, Kennesaw, GA, 24" natural gas "Emberglow") They certainly look like real logs, and look like quality.
Under warranty, we replaced the "thermo coupling control" and then replaced the whole gas base.
The problem is that most of the time the logs only stay on for a few minutes. If we dare try them on high they blow out immediately.
The logs are carbon monoxide sensitive. We have a well-ventilated large living room, and a brand new central furnace/air conditioner, and that has not changed the logs malfunction.
The original real fireplace where they are installed is a well-installed, with-the-house original, and is about 30 years old.
© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC