> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Just The Facts ...
Login | Register

Just The Facts ...

Posted by Jay J on July 27th, 2000 07:55 AM
In reply to Don't lose sleep Steve! by Jim Sparks on July 26th, 2000 10:21 PM [Go to top of thread]

I'm not listening to what the world has to say these days about Behr but I CAN tell you, for fact, that you're probably the 2nd person on THIS Forum that has had 1, and I say 1, good experience with Behr. (You only talked about 1 good experience.) Everyone else, in my almost-3-years of being on THIS forum has said that Behr 'stinks'. (Yes, that's my characterization but how else would one characterize 'the situation' when one has to apply 3 or more coats of paint/stain, or return bad/unused paint for their money back. To me, and to me only, that 'stinks'.)

I see no profanity and I'm glad for it. Hurray for your Dad not using SW, or any other paint. As Steve Jones said, to each his own but where do you come off saying "Don't listen to Steve." That's pretty arrogant. And as for 'a better salesman', so be it. At least SOMEONE comes out to the house! If I had your e-mail address (Jim Sparks), I can forward you 5 e-mails from a young lady who had a NIGHTMARE with Laura Ashby paint, which is made by Valspar. (She realized you get what you pay for.) She even wrote to the President of Valspar to no avail.

Look, I don't know. To each his own. I, for one, am always interested in hearing why one person has bad luck w/a certain paint because it keeps me informed. Also, it helps confirm/disaffirm my own opinion/perspective. I wouldn't go as far as saying, outright, "Don't listen to XYZ." State your $.02 and be done w/it.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC