> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Just step into the light and I'll tell just how its done..
Login | Register

Just step into the light and I'll tell just how its done..

Posted by John 2000 on November 24th, 2000 03:37 PM
In reply to Help with chaulking by Sid Porter on November 24th, 2000 10:26 AM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

Hi there , Sid, Now this is going to be good, ( I say this because I do it almost every day)
ok, now you got your kit gun ( chaulking gun) with the nozzel already, now cut the end of
the nozzel ( thats the plastic pointed thing on the end, now just the end at an angle ( 30% )
but we can never get it fright so it dont matter as long as it about right,

Now, run the kit ( chaulk ) along the joint where you want it to be,do all the chaulking at
one time. it should be about 1/4" thick coming out of the nozzel, if now, replace the nozzel
with a smaller open end,( or cut a new one a bit smaller).ok, now that all the work is ready
for the secret trick.... that we the pro's use,

You will need one water spray ( kind you use for watering the indoor plants with.) and some
washing up liquid, mix with water 1 to 6 should do it.
Have this ready "before" you start to do the chaulking,
now do the work, then just spray the chalking that you have done with the soapy water.
then wet your finger, ( I normaly wet my whole hand) its a devil to get off your skin,
have some old news paper at the side ready to the chalk that is over ( you will see what I mean
now just run your finger along the joint not too hard, just nice and easy, and keep wetting your
finger now and again,...............and there you have it.
PS: dont use washing powder or anything like that, just simple washing up liquid...
........have fun,,,,,a man from another time....John 2000

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC