renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Just remember that if you use something flammable on a suface that big and it doesn't have a good se
Login | Register

Just remember that if you use something flammable on a suface that big and it doesn't have a good se

Posted by Some serious help. on September 5th, 2000 11:17 PM
In reply to Removing glue from a wooden floor by Jeanene on September 5th, 2000 02:36 AM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

Please hear me out. My concern is for you.

Don't worry, it would be your fault because the people on this board are not liable and cannot be held responsible for merely suggesting something based on less than adequate information.

That would be the work of an on-site professional which you may be choosing to have stand aside on the information the family has given you.

I would suggest that if you do the work, afterwards prepare to wear a gas mask while living in the home or later have chronic lung problems. It's not the toxins you smell you need to worry about, they will run you out. It's the ones that stay and linger for years that will get you.
Also be prepared that if you have a flame make contact with it, the floor may burst into flames because it is now a self-lighting firewood. To make self-lighting charcoal or wood, they soak the charcoal or wood in a flammable liquid. Ironic huh?

Go to any search engine (yahoo, altavista etc.) and look up "self lighting charcoal"

Flammable products may be fine for small jobs (1'X1') but when it comes to a large job as yours do better research than this, please for your own safety. It would be in your best interest to at the very least CONSULT a professional in your area, ask about residual fumes and fire safety as far as flammable products.

Most likely they would want to use a non-flammable cleaning solution and then possibly resurface the wood floor.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC