> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Just one more thing....
Login | Register

Just one more thing....

Posted by Andy Green on January 23rd, 1998 04:14 AM
In reply to A roof in Scotland! by Bruce M on January 17th, 1998 01:45 PM [Go to top of thread]

Thanks for taking the time to answer Bruce.

One thing though, I don't quite understand the purpose of puting the starter row of shingles in upside down.

Also ref point 4 :

4." Now, I know you all can get some pretty stiff winds, so you will have to use extra caution in your gable end construction. Here is what you should do. Nail, but don't glue down your rake molding. Use plastic roofing cement (usually available in a caulking tube) and glue down, (using a thin bean of cement spread around with a stick) to the rake molding and if necessary, trim any that sticks over the edge of the rake. Then when puting down your courses of 3-tab shingles, glue down the edge that is over the rake molding also and trim if necessary. Once the roofing cement (tar) dries, it should be very secure."

***I'm not quite clear on this point, as you seem to mention two separate operations involving items to glue down to the rake moulding here? or are we talking about the shingles only?

Andy G

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC