> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > just be careful...
Login | Register

just be careful...

Posted by aimee on January 14th, 2001 03:25 PM
In reply to Peel Away by Henry in MI on January 11th, 2001 07:31 PM [Go to top of thread]

Peel Away is, I think, harder to work with than a regular stripper. When Peel Away dries, it is nearly impossible to get off except by applying more and waiting another 24 hours or whatever your application requires. With other stripper, if some dries, you can just wet it up and get it off, or sand it down. Really, Peel Away dries hard as a rock. Also, because you put a paper layer over the Peel Away, it is sometimes hard to tell exactly when you should remove it--you can't judge by looking and the squish test (poking your finger along the paper) isn't going to help if you don't apply the Peel Away uniformly. On plaster, I found, Peel Away works well, except for the fact that it removed my finish layer of plaster, and I must now skim coat. On wood, I experienced disastrous results, either taking it off too early and ending up with sopping wet wood and not enough paint off, or waiting too long and finding I had the world's stiffest frosting that neither sanding nor washing would remove.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC