> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > just a note...
Login | Register

just a note...

Posted by Jules on May 24th, 2001 02:54 AM
In reply to Don't Think So ... by Jay J -Moderator on May 23rd, 2001 07:47 PM [Go to top of thread]

reselling the house isn't an issue...we are renting it and there is absolutely no chance of it ever being sold to another residental owner...the house sits on a pretty chunk of prime development land (10+ acres) only 2 km from the heart of the city. When the property is sold, it will be to redevelopers - otherwise its staying in the family. Probably will happen in about 10 years, maybe a bit less...

so, as you can see, removing the old asbestos-containing tiles just isn't a feasible option - if it was, I'd have the landlady arrange for it to be done.

I'm really hoping that, like the Armstrong website seems to imply, that it is OK to apply the tiles directly to the old flooring (possibly using their leveling compound first). If it comes down to a choice of installing a new subfloor or living with the ugly chartreuse tiles, we'll probably have to live with ugly...

A new subfloor would, as you mentioned, mean cutting the doors and that's a definite out - she plans on salvaging all the doors in the house when they finally do sell - and I don't blame her!

*sigh* Guess I'm just gonna have to break out into song...

"To dream the impossible lay vinyl tile without putting down a new subfloor...*

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC