> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Junkitrol
Login | Register

Posted by Judy on February 17th, 2002 01:10 PM
In reply to Any info on Janitrol by Matt in NJ on September 27th, 1999 09:06 AM [Go to top of thread]

I had a Janitrol furnace installed 7 years ago. In that 7 years, the ignitor had to be replaced at least 4 times, the blower needed work at least twice, and for 6 years straight, I've had to call my installer every winter to fix this and fix that. Currently, the middle burner of my 5-burner rack is not fireing properly, and there was a crack in the firewall. It was sealed, BUT...not very well. The sealant burnt and left a black blob of crud above the burner, and the stupid thing still doesn't fire right! Just a few days ago, it started rattling loudly every time the blower goes on--keeping everyone in the house awake at night! The fire inspector examined my furnace and told me that it's a Carbon Monoxide problem--not to mention, my gas bill is now between $150 and $200 a month! When I replace my Junkitrol, I'm getting a Lenox or Williamson, or something that doesn't cause us so much grief! Trust me, People, DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING ANYTHING JANITROL! They are a P.O.S.!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC