> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Jim, not acid but it is corrosive.
Login | Register

Jim, not acid but it is corrosive.

Posted by Wick on May 23rd, 2000 04:39 PM
In reply to That was in this month's magazine too! DRY-B-LO by Jim -ATS on May 23rd, 2000 04:07 PM [Go to top of thread]

Jim, you're correct that bleach is NOT an acid, however it is a corrosive product! I remember working in
a grocery store decades ago and had some spill on my jeans and it basically disolved the areas
that it came into contact with
. Here's a blurb from Cornell university.



Danger! Corrosive!

CAS# 7681-52-9
NFPA RATINGS (SCALE 0-4): Health=3 Fire=0 Reactivity=0

Causes severe burns to mucous membranes. Causes respiratory tract and skin burns. Causes eye irritation, possibly severe.
may cause convulsions. May damage the lungs. May ignite combustibles.
Do not breath vapor or mist. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Store away from combustible materials. Keep
container tightly closed. Wash thoroughly after handling. Use only with adequate ventilation.
Inhalation: Remove from exposure area to fresh air immediately. If breathing has stopped, give artificial respiration. Skin contact:
Remove contaminated clothing and shoes immediately. Wash affected area with soap or mild detergent and large amounts of
water until no evidence of chemical remains (at least 15-20 minutes). Get medical attention immediately.

Oh, and by the way old buddy I believe that hot water DOES freeze faster than cold water. That's my opinion, and
I'm sticking with it, after all you can't teach an old dog like me new tricks! Oh, and speaking of dogs (excluding Jay J, LOL):

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC