> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Jim -ATS?
Login | Register

Jim -ATS?

Posted by Jay J on May 22nd, 2000 03:54 PM
In reply to Need a contractor to install attic and whole-house fans by Nelson Bolyard on May 22nd, 2000 03:44 PM [Go to top of thread]

Jim hails from the fine state of Washington. He's a general Jack-of-all-Trades by day (sometimes by night at 3x's the normal rate) and a DJ on the side. IF he's doing a job in the Professional Trades, he brings his own music. (So you won't need to loan him a radio.) IF he's doing a job as a DJ, he brings his own power tools (so he can hang the speakers where it makes the most sense.)

I know he'll 'go on the road' but whether or not he'll go to Southern CA remains to be seen. He may have a mileage charge. BUT, if he can bring his family w/him, and hang out with you and YOUR family in CA (at your expense of course), maybe he'll forgo the mileage charge and do the work as your fee for him and his family to stay there. (You better watch out; he MAY go out of his way and paint your patio brickwork and/or paint your laminate countertops and/or install a B-Dry Basement System w/o your permission.)

Jim is the closest pro to you that I know who will install the fan. A couple of questions: Is your attic vented? What do you have for attic ventilation now? And do you have soaker hoses? (Just kidding; inside joke.) Is there a Trade School in your area? We have one in my area, and if there's one in your area, maybe the school will do it for a 'project'. Other than that, try another set of Yellow Pages.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC