> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Jay's 2 cents ;)
Login | Register

Jay's 2 cents ;)

Posted by Andrina Lindstrom on March 19th, 2001 02:08 PM
In reply to My $.02 ... by Jay J -Moderator on March 18th, 2001 08:28 PM [Go to top of thread]

Thanks for the reply! I was asking at Walmart (doh!) Maybe I should go to a pro, eh?

The concrete was tracking up grey dust, and we have a moisture issue, so we sealed it. It has helped the grey dust quite a bit!

The moisture is still a problem but we located the source of that. It's not under the concrete and coming up. It's next to the foundation and flowing over the concrete pad, under the wall.

The house is built within 2 feet of a mountain, which then goes almost straight up from there. I am so regretting this purchase! But, the house is in old, historic Medicine Park which is being rebuilt to it's 1920's splendor when it was THE place to go for the rich and famous. The property value has increased nearly $10K since we bought the house a year ago. No kidding!

So, we address the little rivers coming down the mountainside. (Or re-address, ie: move them ::chuckle::) and in THEN put in carpet.

In the meantime, we have a really raw concrete foundation slab showing in the bedroom and I'd like to make it safe/habitable for a 4 year old.

Thanks again.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC