> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Jay J - Need More Info
Login | Register

Jay J - Need More Info

Posted by Jane on August 30th, 2000 08:01 PM
In reply to Hmmmm ... by Jay J on August 30th, 2000 02:27 PM [Go to top of thread]

Thank you so much for all the information. I'm still a bit confused. The mobile home came with what they call belly paper completely covering the underneath of the mobile home (stapled from floor joist to floor joist). When it became torn, we removed it and filled all the spaces between the joists with insulation (Kraft side against the under part of the floor). We do have skirting around the perimeter of the home. I live on the coast of NC and it is extremely humid. The ground below us is dry, it's the air that is so humid. We have insulated the AC trunk line with the proper AC insulation completely, but, because of the humidity, the insulation around the trunk is still sweating. I would install new belly paper again if I could find out where to purchase such an item. I thought as an alternative I would put some other sort of sheeting nailed from joist to joist. Would that be a good idea and if so what sort of sheeting should I use? (Tyvak, Plastic, etc.) Oh, by the way, I have partical board sub flooring which is doing the buckeling.
You sound so knowedgeable, I thank you very much for your input.
Thanks, Jane
I would have e-mailed you but I don't know your e-mail address. Mine is:

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC