> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Jay J-Moderator or anyone that can help with ground moisture
Login | Register

Jay J-Moderator or anyone that can help with ground moisture

Posted by td on November 14th, 2000 07:03 AM
In reply to Some Help ... by Jay J -Moderator on November 13th, 2000 08:03 PM [Go to top of thread]

Thank-you for your suggestion. I DO have plastic laying on the ground in the crawlspace. I am not digging any more holes either. The reason I said I dug that one is because I think that my water table is high. There is a river probably 2 football fields away from my house. I understand that the ground will be a little damp under the plastic in the crawl space, but the lowest point in my crawl space is more damp under the plastic. This is what is confusing, and yes I have perferated tile, foundation water proofed, plenty of foundation vents, and no plumbing leaks, but yet again the carpet is a little damp in the rooms and the vinyle floor is cold. Is it possible that the ceiling heat could be drawing cold/moisture through the floors? From what I was told ceiling heat lowers to the floor instead of the heat staying at the ceiling and rising. Is it possible that we keep our heat in the house to low, we keep it around 65-70 degrees. They say with ceiling heat you should be having problems keeping moisture in the air, for me it is the opposite I have too much moisture in the air. I don't understand this situation either. The electric heat should dry everything out but it is not . Please respond and thank-you.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC