> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Jay J
Login | Register

Jay J

Posted by tj on August 22nd, 2000 12:01 PM
In reply to True ... by Jay J on August 22nd, 2000 10:32 AM [Go to top of thread]

The question or questions that do arise is the cost of replacement verses refinishing. The next time you want to replace your bath tub get a quote from a contractor that rips tubs out. You can spend well over a $1000.00, also what kind of warranty comes with a new tub? You are right though to do the job right someone will have to look at it. As a professional refinisher there are a lot of different coatings out there, I have a whole folder full of them, but, when you have a product that works and a company that backs you up, there is nothing else to be said besides that I will spend the extra money to make all customers happy. Also, you have look at if that young lady's tub was installed right? Another thing is that it seems that today's fiberglass tubs are thinner made than those 20-30 years ago. I have fixed a lot of repairs for contracters, plumbers, real estate agents,ect... Again, if you abuse a car and not take care of it, it will not last for a long time, the same is true for a tub, you abuse it, it will not last a long time, and the same goes for a brand new tub. Now, as for myself, I am honest with my customers, If I think a bathtub should be replaced I will tell them, I am going to look at one tomorrow. That is why people call me, for my professional advise. I am in business to save all customers money!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC