> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Janitrol
Login | Register

Posted by Brent on November 29th, 2002 09:57 AM
In reply to JANITROL by BILL on August 20th, 2002 06:37 AM [Go to top of thread]

As a Janitrol wholesale dealer, I get the oportunity to work with a lot of different dealers/ Installers, and 95% of them all say the same thing. Janitrol is just as reliable if not more so than any of the other brands on thye market. One good feature about a Janitrol is that they've met all federal and underwriters regulations, yet managed to keep the internal working components as simple as they need to be. Carrier, Bryant, Trane, etc... have all overcomplicated a simple device and as such, troubleshooting a possible problem requires much more time and effort with the more overcomplicated brands. Most all the brand names on the market today all use the same internal components made by the same manufacturers, such as the main control boards, Limit switches, pressure switches, rollout switches, etc..., most brands use Texas Instruments, GE motors, Fasco vent motors, Copeland and Bristol compressors, etc... You all get my point here, any of the afore mentioned products are only as good as the installing contractor. If he undersizes the supply or return duct, large enough supply, but not enough vents, all leads to the same outcome. If the installing contractor doesn't take the time to educate their customers on how to properly maintian the unit, by changing (or cleaning if a permanent) the filters every 30 days or less, rinsing the condensing units coil off with water, making sure the condensation drain remains free from clogs or sludge, all boils down to how well the performance outcome is to be expected. No brand on the market can survive properly without all these regular maintainance items being checked upon on a regular schedule. I have many, many satisfied customers and contractors that swear by Janitrol, and even though they may also represent a bigger name brand (that also by the way establishes quotas where these contractors that agree to represent them and carry their name on their trucks have to sell like $25,000 worth of that equipment each month to maintain the ability to buy their products. Tell me thats not enough pressure on the contractor when he enters a possible customers house and tries selling his brands, he's got to talk them into buying the major brand just so he can meet his quota. That is by no means an objective opinion on quality.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC